- 250 g British strawberries, washed, hulled and halved
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 large bananas
- 60 g Belgian Fairtrade dark chocolate
- 4 scoops dairy vanilla ice cream
- 2 tbsp almond flakes, toasted
- 4 wafer biscuits of your choice, to serve (optional)
Put the strawberries in a food processor with the icing sugar and lemon juice, and whizz until smooth. Set aside. Preheat or light the barbecue.
Keeping the bananas in their skins, make a split by scoring down the length of each one - don’t cut all the way through. Break the chocolate into pieces and push it into the splits in the bananas. Wrap each banana in foil and put on the barbecue to cook for 5 minutes.
Carefully remove the cooked banana from the foil and remove the banana skin, keeping the banana intact. The chocolate will have melted into a sauce. Put the chocolatey bananas on serving plates and top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, a few tablespoons of the strawberry sauce, a sprinkling of toasted almonds and a wafer biscuit.