- 150 g unsalted English butter by Sainsbury's, softened
- 115 g Fairtrade golden caster sugar by Sainsbury's
- 1 tbsp Taste the Difference French almond extract
- 2 medium free-range British Woodland eggs by Sainsbury s
- 140 g self raising flour by Sainsbury's
- 50 g sultanas by Sainsbury's
- 100 g Bramley apple sauce by Sainsbury's
Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4. Place 12 cupcake cases into a 12-hole cupcake tray.
Using an electric hand-whisk, cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until light and fluffy, then add the almond extract, eggs and 1 tablespoon of the flour. Continue beating until combined, then add the remaining flour and sultanas and beat again.
Fill the cases halfway with the mixture. Add 1 teaspoon of the apple sauce into each case and top with the remaining mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden. Leave in the tin for 2 minutes, before cooling fully on a wire rack.