- 8 be good to yourself Cumberland sausages
- 1 tbsp olive oil by Sainsbury's
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1.5 tbsp light muscovado sugar
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 6 tbsp Taste the Difference tomato & chilli chutney
- 8 slices Taste the Difference soft multiseed wholemeal farmhouse batch loaf
- 4 large vine tomatoes, washed and sliced
- 25 g wild rocket, washed
Place the sausages on a greased baking tray and cook according to the pack instructions, turning once or twice during cooking. Slice in half lengthways when cooked.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onions and cook gently for 20 minutes until soft and brown.
Add the sugar and vinegar and cook for another 5 minutes.
Spread the chutney on 4 slices of bread, place the sliced sausages on top, then cover with onions, tomato and rocket. Finally, top with the remaining slices of bread and serve immediately.