Photograph: Jan Baldwin
- 250 g porridge oats
- 2 tbsp oatmeal (optional)
- 250 ml apple juice
- 150 ml low-fat natural yogurt
- 75 g dried figs, chopped
- 1 small carrot, peeled and grated
- zest and juice of 1 small orange
- 2 tbsp shelled pistachios, cut into slivers
- 1 pear, cored and chopped, skin left on
- 1 small banana, peeled and chopped
- 150 g frozen raspberries or blueberries, defrosted
- 2 tbsp honey, for drizzling
Mix together the oats, oatmeal (if using), apple juice, yogurt, figs, carrot, orange zest and juice, and the pistachios. At this stage, you can eat the muesli straight away or keep it covered in the fridge for a few days.
Before eating, stir in the pear, banana and berries, and drizzle with honey.