- 8 rashers of smoked back bacon
- 4 crumpets
- 2 tbsp caramelised onion chutney
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100 g mild British cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 medium British free-range eggs
- 1 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley, to garnish
Preheat the grill to medium-high. Grill the bacon rashers for 4-5 minutes on each side, until crisp. Keep warm.
Toast the crumpets, then top each with ½ tablespoon of the chutney, 4 cherry tomato halves and a quarter of the grated cheddar. Place beneath the grill and toast for 3-4 minutes, until the cheese is bubbling and golden.
Meanwhile, bring a small pan of water to the boil. Add the white wine vinegar then crack in the eggs. Simmer for 1½ minutes (for a soft yolk) then remove with a slotted spoon.
To serve, top each cheesy crumpet with 2 rashers of crispy bacon, a poached egg and a sprinkling of parsley.