- 2 medium free-range eggs
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 100 g onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp chopped red chillies
- 350 g frozen large peeled cooked prawns, defrosted as per pkt instructions
- 750 g pkt of microwaveable white rice
- 240 g frozen British garden peas, defrosted
- 15 g fresh coriander, chopped
Whisk the eggs in a bowl with a drop of the soy sauce. Heat a dry, non stick pan and add the eggs, tilting the pan and swirling them until they form a thin layer. Cook over a medium heat until set. Transfer to a board to cool, then slice into strips.
Heat a little sesame oil in a large wok over a high heat. Add the onion and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the crushed garlic and chopped chillies and sti-fry for a further 1 minute. Stir in the prawns and cook for 1 minute more. Tip in the rice and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally until the rice is heated through. Toss in the egg and peas, and cook for a minute. Add the coriander and serve drizzled with the remaining soy and sesame oil.