- 150 g unsalted butter
- 50 g Fairtrade light brown soft sugar
- 100 g Fairtrade caster sugar
- 2 tsp Madagascan vanilla extract
- 1 medium British free-range egg
- 225 g British plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100 g smooth peanut butter
- 100 g blanched hazelnuts, chopped
- 100 g macadamia nuts, chopped
Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4. Line 2 baking trays with baking parchment.
With an electric mixer, cream together the butter, light brown soft sugar, caster sugar and vanilla extract.
Stir in the egg, plain flour, baking powder and peanut butter until everything is combined. Fold in the chopped nuts.
Use a teaspoon to drop walnut-sized balls onto the baking trays, spaced them apart. Press down lightly with the back of the spoon. Bake for 15 minutes.