- 225 g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 115 g unsalted butter, chilled and cut into cubes
- 1 medium free-range egg, yolk only
- 1 -2 tbsp cold water
- 250 g selection of fresh strawberries, raspberries and blueberries, washed
- 415 g jar reduced-sugar strawberry or blackcurrant jam
You will also need:
- 2 x 12-hole mini tart tins
To make the pastry, put the flour into a bowl, add the butter and rub in using your fingertips until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar.
Mix in the yolk and add the water a little at a time, cutting it in with a knife until the mixture comes together. Form the dough into a ball, wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 200°C, 180°C fan, gas 6. Sprinkle your work surface and rolling pin with a little flour and roll the pastry out to about ¼ cm thick. Cut out 24 small circles and use to line 2 x 12-hole mini tart trays. Prick the base of each tart once with a fork.
Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and fill the cases with the berries. Top each with about 1 teaspoon of jam and bake for another 10 minutes.
Leave the tarts to cool in the tray for a few minutes then use a palette knife to lift out of the tins. Let cool on a wire rack.
Cook’s tip: if you don’t have a pastry or cookie cutter, a thin-rimmed glass tumbler works just as well.