- 0.5 tsp vegetable oil, for greasing
- 180 g self-raising flour
- 60 g Scottish porridge oats, plus 1 tbsp extra to decorate
- 125 g Fairtrade dark soft brown sugar
- 2 tsp Fairtrade ground cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 medium free-range eggs, beaten
- 150 ml natural yogurt
- 1 tsp Madagascan vanilla extract
- 90 ml sunflower oil
- 180 g Californian seedless raisins
- 3 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tsp icing sugar, for dusting
Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Place 10 paper cases in a greased 12-hole muffin tin.
In a large bowl, mix together the flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda. In another bowl, mix together the eggs, yogurt, vanilla extract and sunflower oil. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir well. Add the raisins and stir in, but be careful not to over-mix.
Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases and bake for 18-20 minutes.
Remove from the oven, then drizzle about 1 teaspoon honey over the top of each muffin. Sprinkle with porridge oats and icing sugar and serve warm.