- 3 (750g in total) baking potatoes, or you can use a mixture of sweet and white potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for the mash
- 250 g lean steak mince
- 2 courgettes, roughly chopped
- 125 g white closed-cup mushrooms, sliced
- 0.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- Juice of 1 small orange
- 100 g seedless raisins or sultanas
- 390 g chopped tomatoes with onion and basil
- 150 ml reduced-salt beef stock (such as Kallo), hot
Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Put the potatoes into the oven and bake for 50 minutes or until cooked through.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok or deep frying pan and fry the mince over a high heat, stirring to brown all over. Add the courgettes and mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes before stirring in the cinnamon. After 1 minute, add the juice, raisins or sultanas, tomatoes and stock, plus a good grinding of black pepper. Stir, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
Once the potatoes have cooled slightly, scoop their flesh into a bowl and, with a fork, mash together with the extra olive oil. Spoon the mince into an ovenproof baking dish and top with the mash. Bake in the oven for a further 10 minutes, or until the top of the pie is crisp and golden.