Photograph: Martin Poole
- 100 g dark chocolate, in pieces
- 100 g soft butter
- 200 g light muscovado sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 100 g plain flour
- 100 g Brazil nuts, chopped
- 75 g crystallised or glacé ginger, chopped
Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4. Melt the chocolate over a bowl of simmering water, take the bowl off the heat; cool slightly.
Whisk the butter and sugar to combine. Gradually mix in the eggs, then the flour, melted chocolate, Brazil nuts and ginger. Tip into a lined 18cm-square tin. Bake for 25 minutes. Cool; cut into squares.
Get ahead: make the day before; they can also be frozen.