- 125 ml single fresh cream
- 2 tbsp Fairtrade golden caster sugar
- 125 g Belgian Fairtrade dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp strong coffee made with Fairtrade ground coffee
- 6 readymade all butter sweet pastry tartlets
- 6 pecan halves
Gently heat the cream and the sugar in a small pan. Once the cream has been brought to a simmer, remove from the heat and add the chopped chocolate. Let the chocolate melt for 1 minute, then stir until smooth.
Add the coffee to the pan and stir to combine. Pour the chocolate mixture into a jug, then carefully pour into the pastry cases.
Top each tart with a pecan half and then chill in the fridge for 2 hours, until set.
Cook’s tip: the delicious chocolate and coffee tart filling can also be served on its own as a decadent dessert. Simply spoon into small glasses and chill until set before serving. It’s quite rich, so a little goes a long way!