- 125 g macaroni by Sainsbury's
- 160 g pack ready trimmed broccoli by Sainsbury's
- 1 tbsp olive oil by Sainsbury's
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 smoked bacon rashers by Sainsbury's, trimmed off fat and cut into pieces
- 1 tbsp British plain flour by Sainsbury's
- 150 g lighter soft cheese by Sainsbury's
- 200 ml British semi-skimmed milk by Sainsbury's
- 198 g tin naturally sweet sweetcorn in water by Sainsbury's, drained
- 25 g mature British Cheddar by Sainsbury's, grated
- 20 g breadcrumbs
- 7 g fresh flat-leaf parsley, washed and finely chopped
- 120 g bag baby leaf bistro salad by Sainsbury's, to serve
Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the macaroni and boil for 11-13 minutes until tender. Add the broccoli for the last 3 minutes. Drain.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes until golden. Add the bacon and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Stir in the flour, then add the soft cheese, milk, sweetcorn and the drained cooked macaroni and broccoli. Cook gently for 2-3 minutes. Season with freshly ground black pepper and transfer to a 1-litre ovenproof dish.
Preheat the grill to high. In a small bowl, mix together the Cheddar, breadcrumbs and parsley, and sprinkle evenly over the macaroni. Cook under the grill for 5 minutes, until golden and bubbling. Serve with the bistro salad.