- 0.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 60 g frozen peas
- 2 large free-range eggs, beaten
- 100 g half-fat crème fraîche
- 100 g reduced-fat Greek-style cheese, crumbled
- 30 g toasted pine nuts
- 100 g SunBlush tomatoes, sliced in half
- 200 g young leaf spinach
- 40 g unsalted butter, melted
- 4 sheets filo pastry
Preheat the oven to 180ºC, fan 160ºC, gas 4. Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the spring onions for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and peas and cook for a further 2 minutes. Tip into a bowl and mix in the beaten eggs, crème fraîche, Greek-style cheese, pine nuts and SunBlush tomatoes. Season with black pepper.
Place the spinach in a colander and pour over a kettleful of boiling water. Cool slightly before squeezing out the excess water. Roughly chop, then add to the egg mixture and mix well.
Brush a 23cm springform tin with a little of the melted butter. Line with layers of the filo sheets, brushing each sheet with melted butter as you go. Arrange so the triangular edges of the sheets point up and out of the tin, creating a crown effect. Pour the egg mixture into the filo case and bake for 30 minutes, until the filling is set.