- 4 basics bananas by Sainsbury's
- 2 basics eggs by Sainsbury's, beaten
- 125 g Sainsbury's Fairtrade dark soft brown sugar
- 230 g basics self raising flour
- 0.25 tsp mixed spice by Sainsbury's
- 125 g basics butter by Sainsbury's, softened
- 1 tbsp Sainsbury's golden syrup
- 50 g Sainsbury's cut mixed peel
- 3 tbsp toffee sauce by Sainsbury's
Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4. Grease a 1-litre loaf tin and line the base with baking parchment.
Mash the bananas in a large bowl and then mix in all the remaining ingredients, apart from the toffee sauce. Spoon the cake batter into the prepared cake tin and bake for about 1 hour 30-1 hour 45 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
Remove the loaf from the tin and allow to cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Drizzle the toffee sauce over the cooled banana bread. Cut into slices to serve.