- 3 sweet peppers (1 red, 1 yellow and 1 green), deseeded and cut into wide strips
- 2 courgettes, trimmed and sliced lengthways
- 4 large flat mushrooms (about 250g in total)
- 1 aubergine, sliced into thick rounds
- 3.5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 half-size ciabattas, halved (or 1 large ciabatta cut into 4) and split
- 4 tbsp sour cream and chive dip
- 40 g young leaf salad
Put the peppers, courgettes, mushrooms and aubergine in a large mixing bowl. Add 3 tablespoons of the oil and the dried mixed herbs; season with freshly ground black pepper and mix until well combined.
Put the vegetables on a preheated barbecue or griddle pan and cook for 5-7 minutes, turning once. Just before the end of cooking time, brush the cut side of the ciabatta rolls with the remaining oil and grill cut-side down until lightly golden.
Put the ciabatta rolls on a serving platter alongside the grilled vegetables, salad leaves and sour cream and chive dip. Let guests dive in and build their own burger.