- 432 g tinned pineapple pieces in natural juice
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 free-range skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into cubes
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 250 g babycorn, cut into lengths
- 5 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into long thin julienne strips
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- Basmati rice, to serve
- 4 spring onions, sliced on the diagonal, to garnish
To make the sauce, drain the tin of pineapple, retaining the juice. Roughly chop the pineapple and put into a saucepan with the juice, garlic, tomato purée and vinegar. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes, then purée in a blender.
Heat the oil in a wok until hot and stir-fry the chicken and sliced pepper for 5-6 minutes. Add the baby corn, ginger and chilli, then cook for 2 minutes more. Stir the sauce into the pan and heat through.
Serve with basmati rice and garnish with the sliced spring onions.