- 260 g skinless boneless, cod fillet
- 2 limes, one juiced, one cut into extra wedges, for serving
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved and finely sliced
- 1 each red and green pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, deseeded and sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 400 ml tin of coconut milk
- 250 ml fish stock, made with 1/2 fish stock cube
Cut the fish fillets in half widthways so you have 4 pieces. Season with freshly ground black pepper and sprinkle over the juice of half of the lime. Set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a deep heavy-based pan over medium heat and cook the onion, peppers and tomatoes for 5-7 mins, until soft. Add the garlic and cook for another 1 min.
Pour the coconut milk and stock into the pan and stir to combine. Add the fish and simmer gently for 10-15 mins, until the fish is cooked through and opaque. Season with freshly ground black pepper and squeeze over the remaining lime juice.
Divide between bowls and serve with the lime wedges.
Cook’s tip: serve this dish with plenty of crusty bread. If you like, you could add some shelled, raw king prawns at the end for the last minute or two of cooking time, and allow to turn pink before serving.