- 200 g long grain rice
- 600 ml vegetable stock, hot
- 200 g frozen British peas
- 120 g pkt of honey roast ham slices, roughly chopped
- 198 g tin of naturally sweet sweetcorn in water, drained
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 50 g spring onions, trimmed and chopped
Tip the rice into a medium microwave-safe bowl, pour over the stock and cook in the microwave on high for 10 minutes.
Add the peas, mix until combined, then microwave on high for a further 3 minutes.
Stir well then add in the ham, sweetcorn and soy sauce, and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove from the microwave oven and stir through the spring onions.
To serve, divide between bowls and season with extra soy sauce, if you like.
Cook’s tip: boost flavour by adding a few drops of toasted sesame oil and a sprinkling of Chinese five spice to the hot stock before adding to the rice. You could also make it a more substantial dish by stirring through some cooked king prawns and shredded roasted chicken breast meat.