- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 3 cm piece of root ginger, peeled and chopped into matchsticks
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 250 g extra-lean turkey mince
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 50 g Fairtrade light soft brown sugar
- 14 g fresh coriander, washed and roughly chopped
- 2 little gem lettuces, washed and leaves separated
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
Heat the oil in a wok (or frying pan), add the ginger, garlic and chilli and cook for 2 minutes. Add the turkey mince and fry, stirring, for 5 minutes.
Stir in the fish sauce and brown sugar. Cook for a further 5 minutes until cooked through – the mince should be dark and sticky with no pink colour remaining. Stir through the coriander.
Spoon a little of the mince mixture into each lettuce leaf and serve.
Cook’s tip: Sesame oil may burn in the wok if over heated. Once you have added the ingredients to the pan, keep them on the move for perfect results.