- 500 g penne rigate pasta
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 500 g fresh baby plum tomatoes
- 300 g chicken breast fillet
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- handful of pitted green olives (optional)
- 2 handful fresh chopped flat-leaf parsley
Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions.
Meanwhile, finely chop the red onion and garlic. Cut the tomatoes into quarters and slice the chicken thinly. Heat the oil in the pan, add the onion, garlic and chicken and cook gently for 5 mins.
Add the tomato paste, chopped tomatoes, olives (if using), a cup of water and the parsley or basil and cook for another 10 mins. Using a wooden spoon, mash the olives slightly as you stir the sauce. Add the pasta and mix everything together.