We value your privacy and the security of your data is extremely important to us. This policy sets out where and how we collect your personal information and how it will be used, as well as your rights over any personal information we hold about you.
Your use of this website is governed by our terms and conditions. Please ensure you have read and understood them in addition to this policy.
- Business information
- Our promise to you
- What sort of information do we collect?
- How we will use the information
- Who might we share your information with?
- International transfers of your data
- Keeping you informed about products and services
- Your rights
- Links to other websites
- Online communities
- Sharing your thoughts
- Policy changes
This website is operated by Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Ltd, 33 Holborn, London EC1N 2HT, Company Registration Number: 3261722, VAT number: 660 4548 36. Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Ltd is registered as a data controller under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998. Details can be found at www.ico.gov.uk under number Z4722394.
Our promise to you
We respect, and are committed to protecting your privacy and will always process your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act and any other relevant legislation. We will not sell any information that identifies you to any third party without your consent and any information you give to us will be held with the utmost care and security.
What sort of information do we collect?
When you visit Homemade we collect two types of information: personal information that you provide, such as when you register, enter a competition or use forums; and information such as your computer’s IP address and anonymous information collected from cookies when you are visiting Homemade to help us understand how to improve our website and services.
Who might we share your information with?
- Sainsbury’s companies like Mobile by Sainsbury’s and Sainsbury’s Bank - so we can provide you with a high quality service across our brand.
- Reputable partners, suppliers or agencies so they can process your personal information on our behalf…but only where they meet our strict standards on the processing of data and security!
- New companies that we may develop in the future, either on our own or with others.
- If we are reorganised or sold to another organisation, we may transfer any personal information we hold about you to them so they can continue to provide the services to you.
How we will use the information
- Conduct market research, either ourselves or by using reputable agencies;
- Conduct statistical analysis;
- Help us understand more about you as a customer, so we can serve you better;
- Help us to develop this website;
- Contact you about our products and services if you’ve consented;
- Help answer your questions and solve any issues you have raised.
International transfers of data
Keeping you informed about products and services
The information we communicate to you may be sent by email, SMS, social media, post or via telephone provided you have consented to us doing so. If you wish to amend your marketing preferences you can do so by clicking on "my account" and following the directions.
In addition to our safeguards, your personal data is protected in the UK by the Data Protection Act. This provides, among other things, that the data we hold about you should be processed lawfully and fairly. It should be accurate, relevant and not excessive. The information should, where necessary, be kept up to date and not retained for longer than is necessary. It should be kept securely to prevent unauthorised access by other people. You have the right to see what is held about you and correct any inaccuracies. Should you wish to see any of the information held about you, please write to The Data Protection Manager, Sainsbury’s Legal Services, 33 Holborn, London EC1N 2HT.
Links to other websites
If you decide to contribute to the Homemade website by posting information like recipes, comments and pictures please remember that other people will be able to see this.
Sharing your thoughts
When using our website, you may be able to share information through social networking accounts like Facebook and Twitter. For example when you ‘like’, ‘share’ or review our products. When doing this your personal information may be visible to other users of those sites or this website. Please remember it is your responsibility to set appropriate privacy settings on your social network accounts so you are comfortable with how your information is used and shared.
- We treat all the information we hold securely and with the utmost care.
- Your payment details are stored on our system in an encrypted format and can only be accessed when you place an order using your user name or email address and password.
- We will never ask you for your password.
- We advise you never to enter your account number or password into an email or after following a link from an email.