Carrot in sausage rolls? Banana ice-cream? The kids will never even know with these healthy eating tips and tricks
With a little preparation and a few tricks up your sleeve, your kids will get their 5-a-day without even noticing.
- Try these quick ham & cheese pinwheels, perfect for lunchboxes.
- Cut healthy sandwiches into shapes using biscuit cutters, or turn cheese, veg and fruit into stars, hearts or animal characters that younger children will love.
Secret way to 5-a-day
- Freeze ripe bananas and blitz for silky smooth banana ice-cream. Add a little peanut butter or trickle of honey for extra texture and flavour.
- Tropical fruit kebabs are a great way to get kids eating their 5-a-day: just spear tinned pineapple chunks, fresh grapes or seasonal fruit on skewers.
- Keep the family quiet with yogurt tubes or cereal bars for quick, healthy treats on the move.