What kind of super-foods does it take to get one A&E doctor through a grueling 8-hour nightshift at a busy London hospital? Warning, this may contain biscuits ...
1. Every day (or night) starts with a good cuppa.
2. This is my last night shift for a while – it's something to celebrate with smiley potato faces for tea.
3. Handover. Insert caffeine here ... it's gonna be a long shift.
4. Team midnight take a snack break: it's all about the tea. Oh, and hobnobs.
5. Stuffed pasta and spinach from a Tupperware. That's what you need at 3am!
6. Or bread and spinach ...
7. Or toast. This chap is in charge of the hospital. Why so happy? Because he loves the free toast we can eat all day long.
8. The youngster is sticking with hobnobs.
9. End of the week treat is a cinnamon and apple breakfast brioche, real coffee (to keep me awake long enough to eat it) and a book that reminds me of the real world!
10. Banana and bed ... not a bad day's work by 9.50am!