These are chocolate-covered marbled toffee apples and you really need to make them tonight
What could be better than a toffee apple? A chocolate-covered toffee apple, that's what. We had a go at making them and trust us, they are AMAZING. Did we mention we've used Werther's Originals to make a super-quick cheat's toffee sauce? 'Cos we have. You know you want to…
- 135g Werther’s Originals
- 4 tbsp milk
- 4 apples
- 500g white chocolate
- Gel food colouring
1. Place the Werther’s Originals in a heatproof bowl with 4 tbsp milk and heat in a microwave on high, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until the sweets have totally melted and the mixture is liquid and bubbling.
2. Spike the apples with skewers and carefully dip them into the toffee, making sure to cover the entire apple (apply more with a spoon if you need to). Place the apples on a cooling rack topped with baking paper and allow the toffee to harden. This should take no more than 10 minutes, but you can speed up the process in the fridge.
3. While the toffee is hardening, melt the white chocolate in another heatproof dish in the microwave for 3 minutes, checking it every 30 seconds or so. When the chocolate is nearly melted, take it out of the microwave and stir until all the lumps have gone. You don’t want to overheat your chocolate or it will go grainy.
4. Dip the toffee-covered apples into the white chocolate until they are completely covered and place them on a sheet of baking paper.
5. Pipe circles of gel food colouring on the apple while the chocolate is still wet. Using a toothpick or another skewer, drag the icing up and down in vertical lines to create a marbled affect. Allow the chocolate to set and enjoy!