We love those beautiful bacon lattice's with a turkey, here's how to make your own.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190c/170 fan.
- Take 12 rashers of streaky bacon and stretch each rasher with the back of a knife.
- Rub the turkey crown with butter, season with black pepper and place in a roasting tray.
- Lay six rashers of bacon at an angle on top of the crown leaving a gap in between each slice.
- Then lay one rasher at the opposite angle and weave under the first slice of bacon.
- Continue with the remaining five until you have formed a lattice. Push the bacon ends under the crown.
- Cover the crown with foil and place in the oven and cook for 20 min per kg plus 1 hour 10 minutes. Or cook according to packet instructions. The crown is cooked when a skewer is insterted into the thigh and the juices run clear.
- 20 minutes before the turkey is cooked, remove the foil and return to the oven to allow the bacon and skin of the turkey to crisp up.