Well. Maybe not forever ever, but you get the gist
Ssssh. Can you hear that? It's the sound of the 31 October creep, creep, creeping up on us.
And with thoughts turning to all things ghoulish, spooky and, of course, sugar-coated, we've had Halloween-themed goodies on the brain.
So when we came across these half-freaky, half-amazing cakes, we couldn't help but share them with you.
Ten points to anyone who has a crack at recreating these at home.
1. Sculptor turned cake artist Annabel de Vetten (AKA Annabel Lecter) is known for her disturbing designs featuring bottom of the sea fare like this haunting octopus ...
2. ... and a nightmare-bothering cat with human hands.
3. Then of course there's this very stressed-out pumpkin by Cakes Outside the Box.
4. They also made this bizarre-looking dude. Recognise him from the waiting room in Beetlejuice?
5. Artist Nicola Windle (who isn't even technically a full-time baker) crafted this amazing Frankenstein horror.
6. British artists the Tattooed Bakers weren't mucking about with this life-sized evil cake horse.
7. Vicky Knop made this faces-splitting Thing cake using innocent Rice Krispies as a base. Shudder.
8. So it's not technically a cake, but when goth baker Christine McConnell got carried away with her pancakes things took a turn for the gruesome.
9. We genuinely can't take our eyes of this zombie bride rustled up by genuis Sarah Jones, who, unbelievably, doesn't sell her masterpieces.
10. Like this pimpled we-don't-even-know-what.
11. The cake artists at Charm City in Maryland knocked up this geektastic Warhammer cake.
12. Doyenne of sugary art Karen Portaleo is an old hand, knocking up horrors like this iced Dracula ...
13. ... this intricate Day Of The Dead cake ...
14. ... and this revolting giant squid.
15. Why not top it all this gore off with a juicy human brain by Miss Cakehead. Dessert has never looked less appealing.