That's right, you can make crisps in the microwave
When all you have is a microwave and a potato, here's something to pass the time:
How to make crisps in the microwave
1. Thinly slice your potato. We used a mandolin, but a sharp knife is fine. Watch your fingers!
2. Give them a rinse in cool water and pat dry.
3. Line a large plate with 2 sheets of kitchen roll, and place the potato slices in a single layer.
4. Microwave in 2 minute bursts on high power until crispy. This usually takes about 8 minutes but appliances do vary.
5. And you've made your own crisps!
If you're feeling fancy, lightly season your crisps with salt and pepper, or add any other flavouring like spicy chillies or a dusting of cheese. Mmmmmmm.