Take the vibrant spice beyond curries. Trust us, it's good
Heard enough about why it's time to eat more turmeric yet?
The vivid yellow spice – used as a medicine and digestion aid in ancient eastern medicine – is the ingredient du jour, with everyone from healthy chefs Hemsley + Hemsley to wellness blogger Deliciously Ella using it in soups, smoothies and omelettes.
And sure, it's a vital curry ingredient, adding a deep, warm, sweetness to spice blends. But a whole other way to get it in is via a cold pressed juice.
Makes 1 juice
- A juicer
- A plastic bottle
- 20 ml orange/tangerine juice
- 40 ml coconut milk
- 1 serving size probiotic powder (according to bottle)
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 ml raw honey
- 0.25 teaspoon turmeric juice
- Juice the orange/tangerine
- Add the coconut milk to the tonic bottle
- Add in the probiotic powder, black pepper, raw honey and turmeric juice
- Top the bottle with orange juice
- Enjoy, or keep in the fridge for up to 10 days
Like this? Then try this:
- 6 reasons why maple syrup is the best natural sweetener
- Healthy eating apps to keep you on track
- What celebs eat to stay healthy
And for more fun foodie stuff direct to your inbox sign up to our weekly newsletter