The whole marshmallow-topped sweet potato thing? Yeah. Not so much
Thanksgiving has always slightly baffled folk living on this side of the pond.
Isn't it just a mini, early Christmas? Why do you feel the need to blow up a giant, fake turkey and parade it through the streets? And why – in the name of all that is good in the world – are you adorning sweet potato mash with marshmallows?!
All this incredulity has been detailed in a new video from YouTube channel Facts., which shows a group of Irish friends (attempting) to enjoy a 'traditional' Thanksgiving feast.
Safe to say, it doesn't go down too well.
At first, the team seem to find the whole practice a tad confusing, but benign. "It's kinda like Christmas dinner," one says knowingly. "I've seen it in films."
But then, it descends. Here's some of the best quotes:
1. On Brussels sprouts with bacon and cheese: "These are like condensed grass."
2. On sweet potato mash topped with marshmallow: "It's like a dessert. I'm surprised they don't put Skittles in the turkey."
3. On stuffing with bread and celery: "It looks like the corners of a slice of bread and some celery."
4.On hasselback potatoes: "It just tastes like potato. It's really nice."
5. On turkey with cranberry sauce: "It's dry meat mixed with sauce: get over it."
All in all, not a raging success.
Like this? Then try these:
- Best-ever 'Friends' Thanksgiving moments
- 7 traditional Thanksgiving dishes you need to try
- Christmassy breakfasts for frantic mornings
And for more fun foodie stuff direct to your inbox sign up to our weekly newsletter