The Mexican fast-food chain has shared its highly guarded recipe for the perfect bowl of guacamole
Everyone knows that a burrito or plate of nachos is made so much better by the addition of guacamole. And, if you're a Chipotle lover, you will also know that guac costs you extra.
This problem has plagued the avocado-obsessive for years but it has finally been remedied. The Mexican fast-food chain has unveiled its secret guacamole recipe to the world.
In a mere seven steps, you’ll be able to recreate that creamy, green goodness from the comfort of your kitchen.
While the chain says it uses 48 avocados for every batch, you'll only need two – unless you’re planning on setting up a stall outside Chipotle in competition.
What you’ll need:
Makes 1 bowl
2 ripe Hass avocados
2 tsp lime juice
2 tbsp cilantro, chopped (that's coriander, to us Brits)
¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
½ jalapeño, including seeds, finely chopped
¼ tsp kosher salt (or sea salt flakes in the UK)
How to do it:
1. Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm and be a nice dark green colour on the inside.
2. Cut the avocado in half and then remove the pit.
3. Scoop out the avocados and place in a medium-sized bowl.
4. Toss and coat with lime juice.
5. Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
6. Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
7. Taste the guacamole (over and over) and adjust seasoning if necessary.