You can eat this inside, too. Go on, throw out the rule book
This beast of a sandwich is perfect for sharing among friends, family … or just yourself. The best part is that you can fill it with whatever you like, from several types of meat to roasted peppers and cheese. It's perfect for transporting from your home to the park; forget all those Tupperware boxes, just wrap this bad boy in cling film and foil.
Makes 1 picnic loaf
- A selection of your favourite veggies, roughly chopped
- Olive oil
- 1 bloomer, unsliced
- Sliced cheese
- Ham and salami
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C, 160˚C fan, gas mark 4
Place the veggies on a tray covered in foil, drizzle with a little olive oil and roast for 15-20 minutes.
2. Slice the top off your bloomer
3. Remove all the spongy bits
4. Layer up your ingredients
5. Put the top back on
6. If you're taking it to the park, wrap it up in cling film and foil
7. Otherwise, slice and eat
Behold, the glorious layers.