Got a bag of tortillas lying around? Here's what to do with them
We heard a rumour that you can make Doritos from corn tortillas – can it really be true...? Homemade had to try...
- About 6 corn tortillas
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1.5 tsp chilli powder
- 1.5 tsp smoked paprika
- 0.5 tsp salt
1. First we brushed the oil on the tortillas – both sides
2. Then cut the tortillas into Doritos-sized triangles
3. Next, we mixed all the ingredients together in a bowl
4. Then coated the tortillas with the tasty stuff
5. We laid out the tortillas on a baking tray
Then they went in the oven at 170C for 15 minutes, checking very regularly because we learned the hard way that they burn very easily. And remember: they harden up a lot when they cool, so don't worry if they're a bit soft at first.
6. And they came out like this!
And we were extremely pleased with ourselves, because they were blooming delicious.