Serve Mum an extra-special breakfast in bed with a glass of pink fizz or a red berry smoothie
From delicate lace pancakes (you'll see what we mean!) to homemade pink grapefruit jam, these Mother's Day breakfasts might make Mum think she's still dreaming!
A coddled egg makes a lovely "thank you" for all Mum's cuddles over the past year. Serve alongside heart-shaped toast and a dollop of ready-made hollandaise for an extra-special treat.
Be adventurous and make your own tortillas (Mum will be impressed) or keep things simple and buy them ready-made with your choice of fillings – we love flaked sweet chilli salmon fillets with fresh lettuce, sour cream and dill.
OK, OK – these delicate lacy pancakes take a bit of practice! But you're bound to have fun doing it ... and Mum will be amazed.
Thick slices of warm eggy bread topped with fresh fruit and rich crème fraîche will make it a very, very good morning.
This isn't just any old marmalade. It's a mama-rmalade! And this pink grapefruit recipe is an absolute gem. Store in sterilised jam jars, seal, then cover the lid with a circle of gingham fabric secured with an elastic band.
Quite possibly the loveliest-looking granola we've ever seen! Mix rolled oats, sunflower and hemp seeds together then coat with a whizzed-up blend of cooked beetroot, dates and coconut oil. Once baked, serve with fresh berries, a drizzle of honey and splash of cold milk.
Dessert for breakfast? Well it is Mother's Day! Spoil yourself and Mum rotten with these gorgeous, layered parfaits made with yogurt, granola, fresh fruits and your choice of jam or curd. Make your own strawberry vanilla bean jam if you fancy or tangy lemon curd too.
Spring mornings can be a bit chilly, but we'd drink this even on a hot day! No ordinary hot chocolate, this one's made with creamy almond milk (use oat milk if you prefer) and your own DIY chai spice mix – which incidentally would make a great gift too.
Ta-dah! Regale Mum with a tray laden with tasty morsels such as an all-butter croissant stuffed with scrambled eggs, goats' cheese and rocket, all-in-one egg toast and a bright purple berry smoothie. It's actually all very easy but shhh ... mum's the word!
Psst ... these quick wins will make your Mother's Day breakfast even more memorable:
- Use red paper, scissors and glue to customise tea bags with loved-up messages – visit our Mother's Day gifts page to find out how
- Dress your tray for the occasion with a bunch of fresh daffodils and a scattering of confetti
- Make eggs more luxurious with fresh cress, cracked black pepper and a touch of lumpfish caviar
- Pop a sprig of fresh mint in Mum's smoothie or juice as a cheerful garnish or stirrer
- Fold Mum's napkin into a simple fan shape, fancy cutlery pouch or amazing lotus flower
- If Mum doesn't like eating breakfast in bed, just take her a cup of tea or coffee with a homemade card and small gift instead